Under general direction, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing Cloud Development duties such as CloudFormation template creation, architecture template configuration, code updates, system evaluation, system analysis, optimization and maintenance, and automation of the deployment process best practices. The cloud developer shall perform duties on tasks that require expertise in development methodologies, tools, and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Functional Escalation Support and Expertise to the Incident Management Processes involving AWS Infrastructure or related issues
- Provide input and guidance to Personnel and JHC Cloud Architects/SMEs to the overall AWS Architecture and Design tenets
- Compose and leverage AWS CloudFormation Templates for utilization, to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure is effectively managed
- Deploy, test and document development, pre-production, and production environments
- Train and mentor Junior Administrators and Developers
- Automate the creation of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups
- Automate backup services, including in a hybrid environment
- Improve operational capabilities of enterprise infrastructure as approved and directed.
- Automate resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning
- Utilize gold images / AMIs and employ auto scaling
- Assist Web / Application Developers in optimizing their respective technologies for migration to the Cloud
- Minimum Education: I – A.S. degree, II & III - B.A. or B.S. degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: I - Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience cloud development, II – Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience cloud development with 5+ years in overall development/design, III – Must have minimum of 4 years of experience in Cloud development with 7+ years in overall development/design
- II – Must have AWS Associate – Level Certification; III – Must have AWS Professional-Level Certification
- US Citizenship
- Ability to pass a federal government background investigation
- Experience documenting technical requirements
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- Superior attention to detail
- Passion for providing great customer service
- AWS or Microsoft Cloud Certification desired for all personnel
- At least 1 year in enterprise cloud deployments desired
- At least 2 years development experience desired
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating system
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with cloud architecture best practices, infrastructure optimization, security best practices
- Be proficient in scripting image deployment and bootstrapping
- Experience with AWS automation services
- Strong background in Microsoft based applications
- Maintain account documentation, including lessons learned and best practices.
- Knowledge of code repositories, such as GitHub
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity, Agile Scrum team work environment and exhibit flexibility as innovation is implemented.
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement
Please submit a copy of your resume to email@example.com and a short message on how you found out about JHC Technology.