How to get the most out of re:Invent?
Tara Hopkins is the Account Executive, Corporate Strategy & Development at JHC Technology has compiled many beneficial tips to share with those who will be going to re:Invent as a veteran attendee.
November brings the largest AWS event of the year, re:Invent! Despite what your co-workers and family may think, it’s a week of learning, networking, and social events. A few lessons that I’ve learned from attending:
- Pack comfortable shoes! You will walk quite a bit getting to and from the various sessions. They look a lot closer on the map than they really are.
- Register for sessions now if you haven’t already! The seats fill up quickly!
- Most sessions will be available online after re:Invent, so don’t fret if you can’t get into one that you really want to attend.
- If you track steps, make sure your Fitbit or any similar device that you use is on you every day. This is the week to do those daily challenges with family and/or friends….you’ll win! 😉
- Attend the social events and take advantage of the networking that comes with them. You’re bound to meet some great new resources and friends.
- Learn all that you can! Bring your questions, ask them and you’re bound to return home with an expanded knowledge of AWS and their partner companies.
- Leave extra room in your suitcase to bring back the swag that you’re bound to collect in the Exhibit Hall. The sponsors and exhibitors work hard at choosing useful swag that you’ll want to take home.
AWS has also compiled some great tips for attendees: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/info/how-to-reinvent/ Make sure to check them out.
Looking forward to meeting new people and catching up with colleagues and friends at re:Invent!!